Website TypesWeb Development Business
There are too many e-commerce websites such as Amazon, Souq, Jumia, AliBaba, .. etc.
What you should focus on if you are about to create an e-commerce website ?
- showcase the product in a visual appealing way
- optimize checkout process with best practices
Marketing & Business Website
The vast majority of websites are the marketing websites and business websites.
What is the goal of marketing and business websites ?
- show who they are
- contact information
- storytelling w/ emotional connection
- social proof & trust
- call to action (follow, like, email, notification, .. )
Blogs & Media Outlets
If you are working for a news agency, or just a blogger, you should focus on the same things which are:
- focus on content
- imagery to show the content visually
- engage reader to continue reading, and read more articles / blog posts
- sharing buttons (to social media) to get more readers
Now, there are too many educational websites for online courses; videos or written tutorials.
What you need to know if you want to design an education website ?
- engage learners with the course
- give the learners an orientation through the course route
Portfolio / Personal Website
This type of website is important for developers and designers. You should show if you are looking for a job or clients to work with.
Portfolio is where you show what is your works before. Present your work in a visual way. Storytell your journey / career.
Show your personality and objectives in the career. And add one or more call to action such as follow on twitter, or contact via e-mail, or contact on linkedin.