How to Free up Space on Mac OS ?Mac OS X Tutorials
We all panic when we see the message your startup disk is almost full, or your disk is almost full. save space by optimizing storage. So let me tell you how to free up a good space in your mac, starting from obvious ways reaching to advanced methods to gain more storage space.
==== The Obvious ====
- empty the trash can
- delete unwanted programs / apps installed on your mac
- delete unwanted files in your download folder / directory which is
- delete unwanted movies and videos in
- delete unwanted music in
- delete unwanted documents and files located in
- delete unwanted screenshots and screencasts if you have any.
- delete unwanted system images of android in
==== The Others ====
- delete unwanted programs installed by Homebrew. use
brew listto list all installed apps, and use
brew uninstall program-nameto uninstall any unwanted program.
- delete unwanted programs installed by MacPorts. use
port installedto show a list of all installed programs, and use
port uninstall some-programto uninstall any unwanted program.
- delete projects, library and programs installed by Python’s pip and pip3.
- delete projects, library and programs installed by NodeJS’s npm.
- delete projects, library and programs installed by deno.
- delete unwanted hidden cache files of
~/.macportsand other hidden cache folders / directories which are located in the home directory (